This trip begins from Drake Bay at 6:00 am for a 50-minute boat ride to Sirena beach, the entrance to Corcovado National Park. Here we’ll briefly prepare ourselves and begin our hike in the surrounding of the Sirena forests. We’ll take a break at Sirena Station where restrooms are available. Around 12:15 pm we’ll return to the boat launch for lunch, and depart shortly thereafter at 1:00 pm. We’ll return to Drake Bay around 2:00 pm.
- Bilingual tour guide.
- Picnic lunch.
- Fruit snack.
- Entrance fee to the park.
- Transportation to Corcovado by boat.
- Closed-toed shoes.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Poncho (during rainy season).
- Long socks, if you have tall rubber boots.
- Bring extra water for the tour.
Who can do this tour?
This activity is flat most of it and done at a slow pace, however, there are parts where you would need to make some effort to go up a couple of meters.
During the heavy part of the wet season, it can be muddy depending on how the rain has fallen down during the last days.
It is recommendable for the ones that consider that this activity would be a bit challenging to get a private tour guide.
PRICE: $90 per person.
All details about the day tour in Corcovado National Park
The Day Trip To Corcovado National Park Sirena Station starts early in the morning in Drake Bay with a beautiful fifty-minute boat trip along the coast of Corcovado to arrive at Sirena Beach. During the trip by boat, it is possible to observe groups of dolphins, seabirds, and whales (depending on the season).
In Sirena, the beauty of the rainforest receives its visitors. The Corcovado National Park (Sirena Ranger station) is home to a variety of animals, including howler monkeys, spider monkeys, squirrel and capuchin monkeys, as well as tapirs, anteaters and even cougars, jaguars and countless animals. If you want to experience this tour for two or more days, we recommend you stay at the Sirena station. So you can enjoy a longer stay, according to National Geographic, in one of the “biologically most intense places in the world“.
For those that want a longer nature experience, staying overnight at Sirena Ranger Station would be the best idea, since you will have more time to enjoy and be able to increase the chances of being lucky and see more.
All different options for you to enjoy Corcovado National Park
- Corcovado National Park Day Trip San Pedrillo Station.
- Corcovado National Park Overnight Tour Sirena Station.
- Corcovado National Park Overnight San Pedrillo Station.
- Two stations overnight at Sirena and San Pedrillo Station, Corcovado National Park.
- Overnight tour at Sirena Station, Corcovado National Park from Puerto Jiménez.
- La Esperanza Day Tour Next To Corcovado.
- Finca la Esperanza overnight-bordering Corcovado National Park.